Jenna's Cheats

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Whip yourselves into shape with this shake!

Song: Whip it, by Devo
Recipe: Jenna's Peanut Butter and Chocolate Protein shake



Wheeeeeeeee! I'm back. I'm sorry guys-I know I've disappeared for a while but things have been hectic. But hey, at least I'm blogging again! And this recipe that I have for you is simple, and it's gotten many likes on Instagram. Why? Because it's a good thing to have if you're trying to stay in shape, or get in shape.


Yes, this week's recipe is a protein shake.  I'll admit that I didn't really try to make shakes that often until earlier this year. You see, my brother (Chris) surprised me with a HUGE jug of it for Christmas. Chris's wanted to get me a huge jug because he knew I wanted to try using protein powder, and he didn't want me to run out of it for a long time. Because it's so huge, he'll use it sometimes, too. He keeps saying he wants to get his own since it was my Christmas gift, but I don't mind. I'll have that thing for a year!

Personally, I’ve been very into eating healthy and working out for the past couple of years. Everyone knows that getting a lot of protein is very important to your health-especially when you work out and you need the strength and energy. I believe that protein is also great, because it can make you stay fuller longer, and not want to snack as much.

There are many different types of shakes that you can make with vanilla whey protein, but I like this shake because it's delicious. It’s smooth, and creamy texture makes it taste like something you would get from a diner, and it’s practically a dessert! Who doesn’t like to have dessert for breakfast?

Anyway, I'll stop talking about this shake and actually give you the recipe.


Jenna's Peanut Butter And Chocolate Protein Shake:

What you’ll need:

1 c. Vanilla Almond Milk
2 tbs Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1 tbs Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut Butter

Directions:

1. Place the above ingredients in a blender, and blend them on whatever settings you like until the 
          shake gets to your desired texture. (I did the whip and the puree settings).

2    2. When the shake is ready, pour it into a large glass (like a beer glass) because the
    texture will make the drink rise a lot!

MMmmmmmmm

*This sugar free chocolate syrup tastes terrible, unsurprisingly. If I wasn't trying to lose weight and cut back on my sugar, I wouldn't have bought it. But I do want to mention that this syrup tastes fine with this shake because of the vanilla almond milk, peanut butter, and vanilla whey. Also, when I used the sugar free chocolate syrup in a different shake later that week (it had the same ingredients minus the peanut butter), the flavors
from the protein powder and vanilla almond milk were enough to make the chocolate syrup not taste too bad.

I chose the song "Whip It" by Devo for this recipe. I like this song because it can be inspiring for getting into shape. It’s catchy tune, and lyrics “now whip it, into shape, shape it up, get straight, go forward, move ahead…” make a good work out song. And I believe that the perfect recipe for this song would be none other but a protein shake.  Visit this link to see Devo perform this song live.

Have a wonderful labor day weekend! Mom and I will be making more recipes this weekend because of our Labor Day Barbeque. You will definitely be seeing them here!

*All rights to the song "Whip it" belong to Devo.





No comments:

Post a Comment