Jenna's Cheats

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Cornbread muffins made from Trader Joe's Cornbread mix!

Hey guys!

I'll admit that I can get lazy sometimes, but then again, a lot of people can! That being said, I thought that I would create a new section of my blog titled "Jenna's Cheats." Here is where I'll be rating different packaged products (such as cake mix) from time to time. Sometimes with a busy schedule, a lot of us don't have time to cook everything from scratch. We all need to take the easy way out once in a while!

Love always,

Jenna


Recipes: Trader Joe's Cornbread
Song: Cornbread by Dave Matthews

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the box for you, but the bright side to this is that Trader Joe's is a small store, so you won't have any trouble finding their mix. We've actually had this mix for a while. My mom probably purchased it since she's a big fan of cornbread.

Every time I went into the pantry where my mom kept this mix, I would be tempted to try it out. The problem was finding a good time to use the mix, because baking can be a lot of work, and no one likes being left with a big mess. The plus side to this mix is that it's simple. You just add the ingredients to it, put it in the pan, preheat the oven, and you're set to go. Since I move slowly, I usually wait to preheat the oven when I make anything.

My mom and I decided to do something different with the mix. Since we were having a ton of people over for our labor day party, we thought it might be a fun idea to to make it into little cornbread muffins. The package says that one loaf of it serves nine people, but our mini muffins served much more than that. Sorry-I should've counted how many we made!

Mom and I didn't change any of the ingredients. We just poured the cornbread into small muffin cupcake molds before placing them in their respected tin pans. Our oven sometimes works slowly than other muffins, so we ended up baking each batch of muffins for 15-20 minutes. Here is what the result was:

They came out looking pretty cute, if I do say so myself. I will say that while I enjoyed them, Boston Market still has the best cornbread in our opinion. If I had to rate these muffins, I would give them three out of five stars. I looooove Trader Joe's, but this isn't my favorite product by them. I wonder what it tastes like as a loaf of bread...

Anyway, the song I'm pairing with this recipe is "Cornbread" by Dave Matthews. I think you can guess why.

*All rights to the song "Cornbread" go to Dave Matthews.
*All rights to the cornbread go to Trader Joe's.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I was told TJ's Cornbread Mix was fantastic so I bought it to make for a fall wedding shower. I was concerned because on the box there are instructions for 8x8 pan but not for muffins. In reading your blog, sounds like I can just adjust times. I prefer bring this bread in muffins to serve 40 women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi! I can't remember which temperature I put them on, but I think I just went with what was in the instructions.

      Delete